Solva-Rec commits to handle, transport and dispose of your hazardous materials in an environmentally responsible manner, while making sure to meet the standards of the provincial and federal Ministries of Environment. It is important, that as a society, we ensure maximum exploitation and valorization of our resources. It is therefore everyone’s duty to ensure adequate and environmentally responsible disposal for all waste products.
Solva-Rec also commits to inform their client and to ensure proper understanding of the importance and process of the recovery of hazardous waste. We promise to do a quick and efficient job while providing helpful and pleasant customer service.
In 2015, the Ministry of Environment has implemented a new regulation concerning the responsibility of hazardous waste. From now on, the responsibility belongs to the waste generator. The Ministry requires that a waste profile be completed and filed by all generators. For the convenience of generators, Solva-Rec Environnement provides its qualified personnel, members of the Quebec Order of Chemists, in order to assist you during the writing of this documentation.
Here are excerpts from the Transport of Dangerous Goods Regulations
The consignor is responsible for determining the classification of dangerous goods. This activity is normally done by, or in consultation with, a person who understands the nature of the dangerous goods such as a manufacturer, a person who formulates, blends or otherwise prepares mixtures or solutions of goods.
- Before allowing a carrier to take possession of dangerous goods for transport, the consignor must determine the classification of the dangerous goods in accordance with this Part
- A proof of classification must include the following information:
- the date on which the dangerous goods were classified;
- if applicable, the technical name of the dangerous goods;
- the classification of the dangerous goods; and
- if applicable, the classification method used under this Part or under Chapter 2 of the UN Recommendations.